Friday, November 10, 2006

MOG Book Briefings


In the beginning, the Merchant Of Glenorchy was going to be the name for a small ‘new and second book’ shed in Glenorchy selling books that I thought were particularly good and including some of my own collection.

As you can probably guess this really wasn’t a very practical idea – even assuming prospective customers were able to find the place. Firstly what would I do when I ran out of books and secondly when it got right down to it I don’t think I could have parted with any books that I owned – not a sound basis for a bookshop!

But now we have a solution that allows us to have our cake and eat it! – we have joined the Amazon.co.uk affiliate program which enables us to recommend books that we particularly like and if others think they may share these likes, then this is an easy way to buy them. (I’ve literally spent years looking for some of the titles that we’ll be featuring.)

The book list will be small to begin with. New additions will be announced on the web log where I will give a brief review or ‘Briefing’ if you like, outlining why the book makes it on to my list.

The theme will be aviation with maybe the odd diversion if it seems appropriate.

We hope you will find this useful and, as always, comments and suggestions are welcomed.

No comments: